This post contains affiliate links, and should the reader(s) or passersby click a link and/or make a purchase, YTB may earn a commission. All opinions expressed are my very own.
Heat-Friendly Synthetic Fibers will require periodic maintenance by applying heat. Overtime, you may begin to notice tangling and frizz, especially at the ends. No need to worry, as this is completely normal and due to the nature of this beautiful, yet delicate, fiber. This is easily fixed. Do your wig a favor and keep reading to see how one can restore the quality of a Heat-Friendly Synthetic Hairstyle.
Heat-Friendly Synthetic Fiber will tangle and frizz over time due to friction and environmental factors. The following steps are to be performed periodically as needed to remove friction frizz/excessive tangling from your wig or topper.
Easy steps to restore the quality of a Heat-Friendly Synthetic Wig/Topper
1) Pin wig/topper to block head using T-Pins. Remember to place T-Pins in the most durable materials of the cap/base to avoid damage.
2) Gently detangle hair with a wide-tooth comb starting from the end and working your way up. Spray BeautiMark Smooth Detangler if needed.
3) Grab small controllable sections (no wider than the styling tool being used) and evenly spray the hair with water.
4) Using heat, no higher than 260°F-280°F, begin to straighten the section guiding the flat iron with a fine-tooth comb.
5) Allow the new style to cool completely for style memory to be effective and last.
• Friction-Frizz is caused by tension put on the fiber throughout wears (rubbing against clothes, chair, seat of a car, etc.)
• De-tangle often with BeautiMark Smooth Detangler Spray and a Wide Tooth Comb
• Wash Regularly (6-8 wears)
• Periodic heat maintenance to be performed as needed
• Use up to 260°F heat on the fiber in a WET condition
📸 | © Ellen Wille